Tuesday, September 20, 2016

All the back-to-school talk and pictures ... bitter-sweet. My child still hasn't started her home-bound schooling because, well, that's just the way the system handles the disabled home-bound schooled children. But then again, they didn't even know my child IS home bound and called to ask why she's been absent.
I know every one has struggles. I know every one has their own cross to bear. My "vents" aren't meant to demean any one else's situation. It's just me venting and asking for prayer as I emotionally struggle through another year of my child not being able to do what other "typical" children can do. I don't get fundraiser packets sent home for her to raise funds for her school. I don't get progress reports sent home. I don't have the opportunities to volunteer for her teacher in grading students papers like I did with my other children. I don't get school photo proofs sent home to order photo packets. Why? Why do "our" children get treated so different because they're home-bound schooled? I think I'm going to take a break from my own schooling and try to advocate some changes for our home-bound children. Elisabeth's entering the 7th grade and I need to be her voice and make some changes for her and others like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment